Pilot test of Autovelox 106 with Italian Traffic Police
Sodi Scientifica conducted, with the collaboration of the Tuscan Traffic Police Department (Sections of Florence, Arezzo and Pistoia), a trial of three Autovelox 106 Premium installed within fixed Autobox Smart sites.
The three stations were installed on the following highways sections:
– The A11 highway on the Pistoia – Montecatini Terme stretch (under the jurisdiction of the Pistoia section)
– The A1 highway on the Incisa Valdarno – Firenze Sud stretch (under the jurisdiction of the Florence section)
– The A1 highway on the Arezzo – Montevarchi stretch (under the jurisdiction of the Arezzo section)
The three stations were equipped with an automatic system for the transmission of images to a Central Office and the Backvelox Web software was included in the supply for acquisition and validation of the offences, compatible with the softwares currently being used by the Traffic Police.
The following are the results of the trial:
Aside from the numerical data, the experimentation was successful and the police officers involved highlighted the following strengths of our solution:
• Efficiency: no photos to be discarded due to the presence of several vehicles in the photo.
• Reduction in notification times: elimination of the development time of the images and rapid acquisition and processing.
• Savings in terms of human resources: ascertaining remotely allows multiple departments to work, optimising the work through a division of labour.